Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The ending

Like I said before, I have recently finished The Book Thief and I thought it was very good. I would read it again when I get the chance. I think I liked it so much because it was able to draw me back in all the time. There is suspense throughout that whole book. All the time the suspense would kill me and I would want to read more. By using so much suspense it really brings his readers back in and wanting more. That is what happened to me. The ending to this book was good. I know some people like to just jump right into the end of the story to cheat and get a glimpse of what is going to happen. In this ending there was a surprise. The surprise to this ending was Rosa and Hans Hubermann died. I never would of thought that they were going to die. But I guess because one of the main themes is death that they were ment to die. Another surprising thing that occurred was that Max was still alive. I was stunned. All of the characters in the book were so convinced on Max being dead. No one believed that he was alive. Him coming back was a huge surprise to the reader. I personally did not know what had happened to him and I thought that him coming back was a major surprise. Leisel was able to survive in all of this dying going on. She survived in a very odd way. She survived because she was downstairs writing her book and just being herself when the bombs went off. This I found interesting that she survived because of that book she decided to write. If she never started that book the story could of ended right there. Later on in life she ended up dying. I find it interesting that death was able to take so many lives and even make people think that death was upon them all the time. But Leisel never dies in the story and with all of the death I thought that maybe she would be another and the last victim to death. This was an overall excellent book and I will definitely read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment