Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The death point of view

I have finished The Book Thief and I enjoyed it. It is not the typical book and by no means is the story just about someone who goes around and steals books for fun. It is a very suspenseful book that I would recommend to all who are interested in reading. I am pretty sure there is a movie on this book too but I am not sure if it is any good. Or how similar the two of them are. If you guys know then let me know. I'm debating on whether or not I want to see the movie. This story is very different from other stories. The point of view of this story is told by death. This is the first book I have read that is told by the perspective of death. It makes things very interesting. This story is told by an unidentified person known as death. The main purpose of death being the narrator is to provide Liesel's point of view and to also provide information about Liesel as a young girl and stuff we would not know about. It makes it easier to provide glimpse of World War II. By using death as the narrator it provides a unique perspective on all of the death that occurs during the book. Death in this story is something that happens a good amount. Seeing how its the time period of the holocaust and millions of people lost their lives. I think the use of death as the narrator is used because it has a connection to the time period and war. Death is almost like a person. It gets all of the information and things it knows just like we do. It gets all of it from personal experiences and from what it hears and reads about things. Death is telling the story of The Book Thief, which tells about the book Liesel writes about her life. I think that the this story being told in the point of view of death makes it better. I feel as if we would not get the same feeling of what is going on if death did not tell this story. Once again this is a very good book that all should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment