Friday, October 18, 2013

The Scary Truth


                My favorite genre of movie is horror. I love a good scary movie. I thought that this was appropriate to type about seeing how I just saw the movie The Conjuring. I know it came out a couple months ago but I was able to get it on demand and I have to say that it was one of the scarier movies that I have seen in my time. My friends that had seen it in the theatres had all told me that everybody in the theatre was scared and screaming. I think that makes it scarier when there are people screaming around you. But that is beside the point. This movie got some really good reviews and I believe it topped the box office charts when it first came out. It was not like some of the movies I have seen where there is one or two scary parts where somebody pops out of nowhere. But the whole movie was scary. The best is when the hands pop out and scare the mom. I think that is one of the scariest parts of the movie. I would recommend this movie to watch especially if you are into watching scary movies or are just going on a date. Another movie that I saw that was supposed to be scary was The Purge. In my opinion this movie was a complete disappointment. This movie was not scary at all. I think that the reason it was not that scary because it was too predictable most of the time. There were a couple of times in the movie when a man popped out and scared you but it was very disappointing. And I think part of the disappointment was from the commercials. During the commercials they showed all the scary parts and made it seem like a really scary movie but really they show you the 3 scary scenes in the movie and you do not get scared the rest of the movie. I thought that the idea behind the movie was great, but it could and should have been better executed as a whole movie. I want to get out and see Insidious 2. I saw the first one and that was not bad and I heard that the second one is better so hopefully I can get out and see that soon.

1 comment:

  1. yes, the Purge is an old idea. Some have done it better. Maybe the idea of it is horrible, but the filming of it was not?

    ReplyDelete